Having been in a boarding school for two years and college for a year I have certainly learnt the importance of friendships. Along the way I have also learnt how to deal with losing them because in environments as such clearly friends are everything.
So I have shared my methods of getting over friendships in this video! If you like it do subscribe and share.
This video features my experience with studying abroad and how I deal with this homesick feeling.
The highlights of the video but watch it in full for the extras.
- I suggest trying to fit in. Not in the sense that you lose your unique qualities but more in way that you can actually communicate with the people around you which will help in keeping yourself occupied and meet people.
- You should bring a piece of home with you, a comforting piece. Like my soft toy 🙂 .
- Indulge yourself, it doesn’t have to cost you much but you have to take time out to invest in your happiness like cooking a common dish from home and watching a movie in your native tongue.
- Talk to your parents, you don’t necessarily have to tell them how you are feeling but just talk to a parent. You will feel a whole lot better after doing this because it is comforting.
- Cry it out! I’m not kidding if you are feeling down listen to a bunch of sad songs and cry. Getting it out of your system helps a lot.
If you haven’t heard of it or if you don’t believe in it let me tell you the freshman fifteen is real! So, for me to return home now and fit into my old clothes I am going to have to lose that 15 at least. Then there is my mother who constantly fears that I am overweight and will never be able to touch the realm of being hot.
So, for the next two months it is going to be a struggle, not because I am going to put myself on a fad diet or anything! Merely because I live to eat. I snack when I study, I snack when I’m stressed and I snack at any given time; basically constantly. Oh and I forgot to mention I hate snacking on fruits, nuts and vegetables. My go to ranges from M&M’s and SunChips. Wish me luck!
I am going to outline my plan here so I feel obliged to to maintain the regime.
Step 1. Eat healthy at least once a day- In my definition that is to not get chips as a side to every meal and you know throw in the occasional fruit.
Step 2. Drink tea twice a day- Not some highly advertised teatox but teas with a reputation boost metabolism and regulate fat storage. I plan on drinking White tea and Oolong tea, a nice big mug of each everyday.
Step 3. Workout 3 times a week- This is key for me right now because I need to regain my stamina and that will contribute to the weight loss plan as well. I am aware that thrice a week isn’t much but it easier to maintain a less crazy plan and I am not the queen of following through with anything!
To supplement this I need to drink plenty of water and not expect miracles. Anyone else with a summer body plans do share your thoughts! Honestly I do realize that my plan is not going to make a huge difference it is a start right?