Hey guys, I recently posted this video on my youtube channel about going to college and how that changes you.
After two years in college I realized that I am not the same person that I was when I first came here. There are many factors that contribute to this change and growth as a person. Honestly a huge part of this change is because I am away from home and I am exploring the person that I am. All I want is for everyone else to know that this is normal and it is fine to be lost in college.
I was taken aback by the changes and that had a negative impact on my progress, I hope to help others to be more aware and have a smoother transition.
Having been in a boarding school for two years and college for a year I have certainly learnt the importance of friendships. Along the way I have also learnt how to deal with losing them because in environments as such clearly friends are everything.
So I have shared my methods of getting over friendships in this video! If you like it do subscribe and share.
This video features my experience with studying abroad and how I deal with this homesick feeling.
The highlights of the video but watch it in full for the extras.
- I suggest trying to fit in. Not in the sense that you lose your unique qualities but more in way that you can actually communicate with the people around you which will help in keeping yourself occupied and meet people.
- You should bring a piece of home with you, a comforting piece. Like my soft toy 🙂 .
- Indulge yourself, it doesn’t have to cost you much but you have to take time out to invest in your happiness like cooking a common dish from home and watching a movie in your native tongue.
- Talk to your parents, you don’t necessarily have to tell them how you are feeling but just talk to a parent. You will feel a whole lot better after doing this because it is comforting.
- Cry it out! I’m not kidding if you are feeling down listen to a bunch of sad songs and cry. Getting it out of your system helps a lot.